4.12.2015

Separating Creative Output and Rest.

    I am having an easier time sleeping lately - thanks to melatonin at 8:30 each night - but I think it might be a good idea to separate my sleep area (the room with my bed and clothes in it) from my creative area (where my piano, desk, books and computer are) because currently they are all in the same area and my messy room is getting frustrating to walk through or do anything creative in. I frequently read outside my room, write outside my room, and I never code (much), write fiction, or do artwork here at my house.
    I've been considering changing my room around a bit - to accommodate better sleep hygiene and to (hopefully) improve my creative habits. The thought that is seizeless here is that I am unable to decide where creative habit begins and personal places end. Creativity and personality, for me, seem to be two sides of the same coin. The problem is that when I am creating in my room (like writing this post for instance) I feel like lying down and that doesn't seem to be a good way to do things posture-wise (my arms and wrists complain with each keystroke, but I ignore it).
   I know the things that I use to create: piano, desk, books, computer. I know the things I use to sleep and store clothes (a closet and a bed). Perhaps I'll just move the things I use to create into a different area - the only way I could have come up with this idea was seeing the way my friend operates his living space: he maintains a well ordered house with a separate space for his music, for his art, for his entertainment, and his sleeping. I think I'll just start with a separate space for my creative endeavors, for my sleeping space, and then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a comment on this post?